1. How much does your service cost?
Answer: Our service has several different price points. Having a pest evaluation is the best way to identify all pest problems, and then our technician will give you a written estimate with accurate pricing.
2. When will the technician be out to my house?
Answer: In most cases after the bid has been accepted we can either service your home that day or in the case of Special services (such as Fleas, Roaches, Termites or Bed Bugs) one of our Customer Service representatives will contact you upon acceptance of the bid and schedule a service date that best suits your schedule.
3. Will the spray get rid of my problems?
Answer: Most insecticides these days have a wide variety of insects on the label that allow us to rid your home of pests. Sprays alone will not rid your structure of unwanted pests. Customers need to eliminate any harborage areas (such as clutter and filth). A complete pest evaluation will help identify these areas and any issues with how insects could be entering the structure. Customers are encouraged to continue on with one of our unique maintenance programs to assure that we stop the pest in their tracks “DEAD”.
4. How long does the spray last?
5. Is it safe for my children and pets?
Answer: Our service technicians are knowledgeable on all the insecticide labels of the chemicals we use. In most cases children and pets are ok to be around the product used. All labels require children and pets to remain off the surface where application was made until product has dried. Special precautions are taken when rodenticides are used in and around structures. General Pest Control’s policy is “we will not service a home if a child is under 1 month in age”. If you would like to leave with the child during the service and return 3 hrs after, General Pest Control will gladly service the home for you.
6. How long should your technicians be at my home?
7. How long does the chemical take to dry? What do I need to have done before you get here?
Answer: In most case the chemical takes 30 min to 1 hour to dry and depending on the environmental conditions.
Preparation for a pest service is easy.
1. Remove any unnecessary clutter to allow the technician to service all rooms and make a complete application.
2. Please pick up kids toys from the floor.
3. Kennel pets if possible or place them outside while the service is being performed and 1 hour after service.
8. How do you get rid of spiders?